APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Error: You have reached your secondly limit

Been getting this error over the past day when trying to update contacts. What is it? Too many requests in a second? The requests fired around the same time should have just been two find contact requests before the update.

9 Replies 9
Not applicable

What is the HTTP Error Code associated with the Message.

0 Upvotes
hnunnally

Hello - the error is 429. Now getting Update 429 errors (back feed to HS) also. please email me at hugh.nunnally@ventivtech.com to help resolve.

0 Upvotes
hnunnally

We are a Customer. The issues is with extracting data, updating seems ok for now. Started 7/26 having a few issues. Has been getting progressively worse. Please let me know if there is a more formal Ticket request mechanism. thanks - Hugh

0 Upvotes
ddemerath

Same problem as well. This just started happening on 7-26 and is now occurring daily during our batch update process. Please advise.

0 Upvotes
pschwarz
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Also, if you're a HubSpot customer and this is getting in the way of an existing business process, PM me and we can provide more immediate help.

UPDATE: This post is from back when we first introduced the 10/second limit. Now that the limit is well-established it is a fixed limit that cannot be changed. The purpose of this limit is to ensure that our APIs remain available and responsive for all customers.

0 Upvotes
dkoch

Hi Paul,

I can’t PM you (or rather im too stupid to) but maybe we can have a chat about this. Occasionally affiliates send over new customers/leads in bulk, which we then add as contacts in hubspot in bulk.

It would be great if you could get in touch about how best to manage this.

David

0 Upvotes
seb_fairchild

Hi All,

We rolled out rate limiting on our APIs on Monday that limit calls to 10/sec. You’ll need to throttle your calls to prevent going over that limit. Please note that unlike hitting a daily limit, you may try the request again after waiting 1 second.

Sebastian

0 Upvotes
Tilman

Hi,

We’ve been seeing these errors, too. How do you know your requests are not over the limit?

Cheers,

Tilman

0 Upvotes
Dan_Morena

Same problem, I know my requests are not over rate limit… let me know if you figured it out.

0 Upvotes