APIs & Integrations

OllyHuntsman
Participant

Alexa Certifying AMP pages

SOLVE

Hi there,

I want to Alexa Certify my AMP pages - I don't know where to edit my AMP code in order to paste in the ALexa Code

Am using Hubspot Bog COS

Best regards

Olly

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

As of October 15, 2019, it is still not possible to implement the Alexa AMP Certify Code on HubSpot CMS blog pages. This related feature request is still "In Planning."

Currently, if a Certify Code is added to a blog's <head> HTML via SettingsWebsiteBlogTemplatesHeader HTML, it will not load on AMP pages because HubSpot blocks all <head> HTML and JavaScript files to maximize load speed.

See this Knowledge Base article for up to date information.

If you would like to see this feature implemented, please upvote and comment on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Oliver_Huntsman!

At this time, Alexa AMP Certify JavaScript snippets cannot be implemented effectively on HubSpot blog CMS pages.

Currently, CMS AMP pages do not support <head> and <body customization or the amp-analytics element. (You can paste the codes in Settings > Website > Blog > Templates > Header HTML and Footer HTML, but the scripts won't be included in the AMP versions.)

I've passed your use case to the product team. While adding support for custom scripts on CMS AMP pages is in their backlog, "it's not something [they] expect to be able to address in the near term."

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

As of October 15, 2019, it is still not possible to implement the Alexa AMP Certify Code on HubSpot CMS blog pages. This related feature request is still "In Planning."

Currently, if a Certify Code is added to a blog's <head> HTML via SettingsWebsiteBlogTemplatesHeader HTML, it will not load on AMP pages because HubSpot blocks all <head> HTML and JavaScript files to maximize load speed.

See this Knowledge Base article for up to date information.

If you would like to see this feature implemented, please upvote and comment on this idea.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes