Alternative tracking approach for hubspot analytics?

I am trying to host my blogs on my own website using hubspot API, however, this will cause the loss of hubspot analytics capabilities (since use hubspot platform to display our blogs is no longer needed, but rather a CMS to add/edit/retrieve data).

My question was if there is any alternate tracking methods to continue to gather data from users’ interactions and presented by hubspot analytic tools. I think many other companies: google analytics, facebook, twitter etc. inject a small pixel and script into any page they want to track. Does hubspot provide anything similar? The end goal is to still let hubspot collect user interaction data while no longer use hubspot to present our blogs.

Thank you very much to hubspot

Hi @Nan_Shan

HubSpot has its own tracking code that you could add to pretty much any website, assuming you can add our JavaScript snippet to the site:

Hey everyone,

I’m having a similar issue. I’ve recently relocated our blogs from where they were originally hosted on hubspot to be hosted along with the rest of my site using the blog API to supplement content. I’m still using hubspot to add, edit and manage my blog posts much in the same way.

I added the Hubspot tracking code to the entire website, which is tracking everything (including blogs) on a contact/page level, but a hit on the new blog post pages doesn’t register with that particular blog. Is there anyway I can connect the new blog page to the old one so that Hubspot can handle the same or near the same level of analytics?

@NathanTheDM the analyze tab on the blog dashboard is only going to show data for the actual HubSpot hosted blog, it won’t include data for external pages using the content of the HubSpot posts. You would still see views for the individual pages in Reports > Page Performance, but there won’t be a way to see the aggregate stats for the entire blog.

So in conclusion, there is no way to track and see the aggregate stats for the entire blog unless hosted on hubspot? I am curious what does the tracking code I added to my website can actually track for me? Just views aka page visit for each page? Any click or other interaction? Referral link etc.?

Thank you again for helping :slight_smile:

You are correct that you’ll only be able to see the aggregate stats for blogs hosted on HubSpot.

The tracking code primarily collects page views, along with the referral source for those views. The data collected by the tracking code is used for the page views and sources in the Page Performance tool, the Sources tool, and the individual page views you’d see when viewing the timeline of a contact record.

If you have an Enterprise subscription, you can use Events to track other interactions on your pages, including clicks.