APIs & Integrations

brie

Analytics API - Get Broken Down Data - By "Domain" Option

Hi There!

When in the HubSpot App in the Traffic Analytics Reporting area, under the "Sources" tab I can select specific Domains to filter the data.

Is it possible to Get Broken Down Data against each Domain, mirroring the in-app experience?

Get analytics data breakdowns

GET /analytics/v2/reports/:breakdown_by/:time_period - Get analytics data broken down by the specified category.

Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @brie,

It's not yet documented, but you can actually use the subdomain query parameter to filter by a specific domain. For example:

https://api.hubapi.com/analytics/v2/reports/:breakdown_by/:time_period?subdomain=www.subdomain.com
0 Upvotes
brie

Hi There - wanted to check in on this.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
kelseymcevoy
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Brie,

Just to confirm you would like to see all the entrance URLs or "Domains" for the Direct traffic source? If so you can use this endpoint: https://api.hubapi.com/analytics/v2/reports/sources/total?hapikey=demo&start=20180101&end=20180301&d1=direct

This will break down your analytics by Sources and then further drill down (d1=direct) exclusively into the Direct Traffic Source.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for!

Kelsey

0 Upvotes
brie

Hi Kelsey!

So you're saying that the urls returned by source=direct is the same as if I were to use the "Domains" drop down on the main Analytics tab in your application?

When I use this drop down in HubSpot, I can see the source breakdown after I select a specific Domain in the upper left corner.

I'm wondering if we can get the Source breakdown for a specific Domain like in the application.

Feel free to email me if you want some sample screenshots :slight_smile:

Thanks!

0 Upvotes