APIs & Integrations

rshelley

Anyone? :) Source tracking issues

SOLVE

Hi, having a hard time figuring out why I can't track our facebook, google and bing ads to their original campaigns.

I'm seeing the traffic from ads in our FB integration module, but then the leads get attributed to the "direct web traffic". We are seeing pretty good conversions on the facebook side, but not in hubspot/salesforce.

We updated all the tracking pixels on all the form and confirmation pages, but still no luck with the right source attribution.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue?

Potentially unrelated, I am getting this e3875d32-ab81-48f1-9e78-493eae864f12 as the original data source 1 in all of my direct traffic leads.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @rshelley,

HubSpot support will actually be your best resource for these types of questions. They have direct access to your account and generally are a bit faster to respond than we are here on the Developers Forum.

That said, I am happy to point you in the right direction.

This article contains a table which shows the hierarchy of rules which determine a contact's Original Source. For Google Ads and Bing ads, you want the URL the visitor is landing on to meet rule 5, 6, or 7. For Facebook ads, you want to meet one of the conditions in rule 4.

Make sure your tracking URLs contain the utm_campaign parameter, which determines the Original source drill-down 1 value, per this article. If you created the tracking URLs in HubSpot, the full tracking URL should contain this parameter and the campaign value you selected.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @rshelley,

HubSpot support will actually be your best resource for these types of questions. They have direct access to your account and generally are a bit faster to respond than we are here on the Developers Forum.

That said, I am happy to point you in the right direction.

This article contains a table which shows the hierarchy of rules which determine a contact's Original Source. For Google Ads and Bing ads, you want the URL the visitor is landing on to meet rule 5, 6, or 7. For Facebook ads, you want to meet one of the conditions in rule 4.

Make sure your tracking URLs contain the utm_campaign parameter, which determines the Original source drill-down 1 value, per this article. If you created the tracking URLs in HubSpot, the full tracking URL should contain this parameter and the campaign value you selected.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes