APIs & Integrations

jravelo

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Good morning,

First off - I just want to say that I am not a developer and have minimal developer knowledge. I'm trying to figure out why we are hitting the API call limit in HubSpot. Is there a way to see what integration is maxing out the call limit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,
Jake

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Hey, @jakeravelo.

We found that the majority of errors over the past week were 409s from the contact creation endpoint. (At least 30K each day, up to 36K on Saturday.)

It seems your system is attempting to pass an existing email values to the Create a new contact endpoint. Unlike the Create or update a contact endpoint, the /contacts/v1/contact endpoint will only attempt to create new contacts, so passing existing email addresses will cause failures.

The team also identified extraneous lookups. For example, these two calls occurred right after each other:

474    12/3/2018, 11:57:23 AM    204    POST    /contacts/v1/contact/vid/201776251/profile
476    12/3/2018, 11:57:23 AM    200    GET    /contacts/v1/contact/email/scsc.[lastname]@yahoo.com/profile

scsc.[lastname]@yahoo.com is vid 201776251, so you could save half of these types of calls by attempting to update with the Create or update a contact endpoint or, better yet, the batch create or update endpoint.

To reiterate, these calls are using your account's API key and are not caused by any of these integrations.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Welcome, @RobertWorkshop!

Could you describe your situation a bit more thoroughly?

According to this endpoint, account 4622020 has only used 9,929 out of 40,000 today, 4 December 2018, so I'm not sure which limit you're hitting.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
WorkshopBuilt
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Hi Isaac -

We're having a similar problem. Can you verify Hubspot ID #4622020 for us?

0 Upvotes
jravelo

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Hey @Isaac_Takushi,

Thank you so much for the clarification! I will pass this information along. I hope you have a great day.

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Hey, @jakeravelo.

We found that the majority of errors over the past week were 409s from the contact creation endpoint. (At least 30K each day, up to 36K on Saturday.)

It seems your system is attempting to pass an existing email values to the Create a new contact endpoint. Unlike the Create or update a contact endpoint, the /contacts/v1/contact endpoint will only attempt to create new contacts, so passing existing email addresses will cause failures.

The team also identified extraneous lookups. For example, these two calls occurred right after each other:

474    12/3/2018, 11:57:23 AM    204    POST    /contacts/v1/contact/vid/201776251/profile
476    12/3/2018, 11:57:23 AM    200    GET    /contacts/v1/contact/email/scsc.[lastname]@yahoo.com/profile

scsc.[lastname]@yahoo.com is vid 201776251, so you could save half of these types of calls by attempting to update with the Create or update a contact endpoint or, better yet, the batch create or update endpoint.

To reiterate, these calls are using your account's API key and are not caused by any of these integrations.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Thanks, @jakeravelo! I'll investigate further with my team.

It's important to note, though, that the 40,000 call limit mentioned here applies to requests authenticated using your account's API key rather than the apps which are listed here. Do you or Mark (who created the key here) know of any custom processes using the key?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
jravelo

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Hey @Isaac_Takushi,

I'm unaware of any custom processes currently using the key.

0 Upvotes
jravelo

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Thank you so much. My Hub ID is 2154169.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Call Limit Hit

SOLVE

Welcome, @jakeravelo!

We can certainly look into this for you. What is your Hub ID?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes