APIs & Integrations

coffeeocean
Participant

API call logs analytics, reporting, dashboard, and/or download

I went to “API call logging” UI on developer account. I could find call log entries listed with some basic filtering. However, due to the large volume of API calls we make, it’s not viable for us to manually page through and get some analytics insights. I can’t find the following features. Could someone point me to where I can do that? If these features are not available, I’d like to request these features. #1 below is the most important, because with that I can manually do any metrics calculation and analysis ad-hoc using Excel. Thank you so much!

1. Download call logs of specific time range as CSV file.
  2. Filter by custom response value like 429.
  3. Basic statistics like total number of calls, percentage breakdown by response code, etc.
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

API call logs analytics, reporting, dashboard, and/or download

Hi @coffeeocean,

1. It’s not currently possible to export the call logs from a dev portal. If you have a particularly important use case for a particular period, reach out to me via DM and I can look into the possibility of grabbing some logs for you.
  2. The current filtering is limited to the response ‘type’ (i.e. 4xx, 5xx, etc.). I’m not aware of any plans to make this more granular.
  3. There doesn’t currently exist any dashboard for these statistics, though this is something the team has thought about in the past.

I’d be happy to take this feedback to the team for consideration. If you have the inclination, I would also encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes