API Character Length Request Limits

contacts

Hello All,

I have a question regarding fetching of custom properties, in this case from the contacts /contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all endpoint, where there seems to be a limit on the number of properties that can be queried.

So the HubSpot limits documentation states that you can have a max of 1000 custom properties, which is great, however I’m querying the API using &property=myprop&property=myprop2... for about 400 properties and getting a 400 response with body of:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
        <TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
        <H1>Bad Request</H1>
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
        <P>
Reference&#32;&#35;7&#46;bfb21bb8&#46;1513101102&#46;0

</BODY>
    </HTML>

I suspect that that this is a limitation of the length of the entire URL as it is over 14,000 characters and in fact reducing the number of properties does allow the query to succeed.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a maximum character or size limit for the request? I could not find anything in the API docs

2. Is there a way to query for all the properties without having to make 2 requests with different properties and aggregating the results?

3. Is this a bug? It seems odd that you can add 1000 properties but can’t retrieve them all in a single request.

Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile: