API - Create engagement - Receiving too many emails "XXX mentionned you on contact YYY"

Hello,

Me and my users, we are receiving too many emails "XXX mentionned you on contact YYY" since a few days, however we didn't change much in our API calls since then.

We are creating engagements with the API, by precising the ownerId both in engagement key and association key of the POST/PUT endpoints. I've tried to create engagement with the API by precising the owner ID only in engagement and it seems OK: no email.

Could you tell me if you have changed this behaviour in the API or in the Engagement model a few days ago, just to be sure it was not on our side?

Thank you!

Hi @ArnoHolo,

If you're referring specifically to @ mention notifications (e.g. Person mentioned you on contact xyz), then creating/assigning engagements shouldn't have any effect. Are you also including @ mentions in the engagements you create?

Additionally, you can adjust your notification settings pretty granularly; for example, you can turn off @ mention notifications, but keep assignment notifications. Check out the Knowledge Base article below for more details on that: