APIs & Integrations

gil1

API integration: customize forms to add custom fields

Hi there! I’m pretty new to HubSpot in general and we would like to build an integration for our app so that Hubspot user can send their form data to our app.

Ideally, we would like to achieve something like GoToWebinar: 1) be able to fetch data from our app within the form editor 2) send the form data to our app.

I’ve looked at the Form API already but I’m not sure this is what I’m looking for. Can somebody point me in the direction?

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

API integration: customize forms to add custom fields

Hi @gil,

In order to include information in the form editor, you’ll need to use contact, company, and/or deal properties. Creating/managing those is done through the various properties APIs (see below). Regarding sending info to your app: You could submit the form to your servers, and then send the relevant info to HubSpot via the forms API. You could also do this client side, pulling the relevant info from the form before submission to HubSpot. I’ve included some docs below regarding these APIs as well:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/contact-properties-overview

0 Upvotes