API list update doesn't trigger workflow enrollment

workflows

Hi,

I am updating everyday a smart list's criterias, and this smart list is an enrollment criteria to a workflow.

It seems like new contacts in the list are not enrolled in the workflow when the starting criteria list is updated through the API.

Can you tell why and can you change it ?

My guess is that it is connected to the new UI change that I recently noticed: whenever we make changes to a smart list that is a starting criteria for a workflow, a question is prompted about whether or not we want to enroll in the workflow the new contacts that meet the new list criterias.

Hi @Black_Pearl,

The active list behavior you describe is the reason new contacts aren't enrolled in the workflow, but it's not new. In fact, it's been a part of the workflows tool as long as I can remember.

While I don't know of a way to override or bypass this setting via an API, alternatives include:

• Directly enrolling contacts in a workflow with this endpoint.
  • Use a static list as the workflow enrollment trigger instead of an active list. Contacts who are added to the static list via this endpoint will be automatically enrolled in the workflow and you won't run into the active list update error. I just confirmed that this worked in my own account.