App authorize getting no permission even with super admin permission

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Dileepa_Wijayanayake,

What scopes are you requesting in the authorization URL?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

There isn’t an explicit ‘publish’ process for HubSpot apps; if your app can be installed in a test portal and functions properly there, you can go through the same process to install your app into a production Marketing/CRM portal.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

yes, it works without the automation. In order to use the app with my real portal, do I need to publish or activate the application?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

No, it doesn’t sound like you need the automation scope. The automation scope is only required if you’re going to interact with workflows.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

A Marketing Basic plan has access to the HubSpot API, but keep in mind that the Automation scope is only accessible for portals with access to the workflows tool (marketing pro/enterprise, or sales professional). That authorization URL also appears like it might be off; an authorization URL should look something like this:
https://app.hubspot.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx&scope=contacts%20automation&redirect_uri=https://www.example.com/

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

if I can create a deal, update a deal, update timeline for the deal, then do I need automation scope?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

my dev portal is already authorized, I was selecting our real production Marketing/CRM portal. I was also thinking, we have BASIC plan right now, does that allow us to use the REST API ?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

It’s possible you’re trying to authorize the wrong portal. Can you post some more details on the authorization URL you’re using, and the Hub ID of the portal you’re selecting? You’ll want to make sure you’re selecting a test portal or Marketing/CRM portal, not your developer portal.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

still having issue with the portal id:391112

0 Upvotes