APIs & Integrations

Ciel1

Associated engagements not returned in chronological order

Hi there!

For some reason, when I create 6 note engagements and then request them through get associated engagements with offset=0&limit=5 I only get the first 4 and the 6th (the newest engagement), but I do not get the 5th added engagement. I thought they would be returned in the order they were added to Hubspot, from newest to oldest. Am I wrong here?

Specifically I created the first 3 engagements for company 787023207 manually in the Hubspot interface. Then I created 2 with the API and after that another one in the interface. It's important for us that these are returned in the order that they were created, because we want to show them in our tool in that specific order and paged. I tested this specific case because some of our employees create notes directly on Hubspot and others in a different interface that's connected with your API.

Hope someone can help me out here :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Ciel,

I can totally see the use case for that, and I'm happy to pass your feedback along to the team. If you have the inclination, I'd also recommend visiting the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that the product team and other customers can see and vote on. The Ideas Forum is one of the best ways to get your use case seen by HubSpotters, partners, and customers alike.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Ciel,

The 'Get associated engagements' endpoint doesn't return engagement objects in any particular order, so you shouldn't depend on the order for your app. Depending on your use case, you could instead consider making a request to the 'Get recent engagements' endpoint and filtering the results for engagements associated with the contact(s) in question.

0 Upvotes
Ciel1

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

Thanks for your reply. I would love to put in a feature request for an order by parameter on the get associated engagements endpoint, because the get recent engagements endpoint just doesn't cut it for what we're trying to achieve.

This is the specific case:
In our tool each company has it's own account. Our technical support staff always works in this tool and it's important for them to see the latest developments for this company in a blink of an eye when answering calls. We want to show all engagements for a specific company in this account so they can see this.
But, we do not want to store all engagements also in our own database, because this causes extra overhead. We want our support and sales staff to be able to click on our "crm" tab in our tool and to just send a request to get the engagements for that company realtime, paged :woman_mage: In the current set up this doesn't scale well if you get over hundreds of engagements.

If you need more information let me know :slight_smile: For now we will request all associated engagements per company and sort them every time our staff hits the CRM button.

Enjoy your weekend.

0 Upvotes