APIs & Integrations

Steffen1

Available OAuth2 grant types

Hello,

in https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/get-access-and-refresh-tokens I read: "The grant type of the request, must be authorization_code for the initial request to get the access and refresh tokens."

Does that mean you're not providing any other OAuth2 grant types? Especially not "client credentials grant" ?

If so, is there any other means of authorization for a backend service (i.e. not on behalf of a specific user) available - besides API key?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Steffen,

You're correct; authorization_token is the only grant type supported by HubSpot. The existing OAuth flow is still the authorization method of choice for a backend service; HubSpot's OAuth specification follows the "Authorization Code Flow", found here:

0 Upvotes
hrana
Participant

I want to make a direct api call to hubspot api through automate scripts. I don't have any web application to register for redirects.

0 Upvotes
hrana
Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to connect to hubspot using other authorisation methods?

Grant type client credentials or username and password?

0 Upvotes
jdavidbakr
Participant

Is this still the case?  I'm wanting to have a server sync data to HubSpot but don't want the credentials to be linked to a user that has to refresh them with any sort of regularity.  I do this with several other systems via OAuth2 client_credentials and was expecting to be able to do that here?

0 Upvotes
NickDrew
Participant

I added a request for them to add it to the idea section. Please upvote if you want it!