APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Bidirectional Data API

I'm putting together a bidirectional data sync which involves taking time into account to determine which client entry is the most recent. I've been making several calls between hubspot and my client database but am not sure if the length of the calls(the time they take) are impeding their validity of being the most recent. Is there any way other than using timestamps to determine a state of preference to identify a client entry.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Bidirectional Data API

Hi @adeniyi,

HubDB isn't related to contact records in any way; HubDB is relational data store used for dynamic web pages. To access contact records, you'll need to use the Contacts API. You might also find the Webhooks API useful; with it, you can be notified of contact creations/deletions/property updates in real time.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Bidirectional Data API

Hi @adeniyi,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, exactly. Are you using the recently modified contacts endpoint (see below)? If so, the contacts in the response will be returned in the order of the last update to their contact record. Can you explain what you mean by 'client entry'?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Bidirectional Data API

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

By "client entry" i mean the equivalent contact record on my client database. I think that the quantity of records i've been working with has been too high. Is there a way to interact with Contact details directly via HubDB possibly, negating the need to use the restrictive API calls?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Bidirectional Data API

Basically is there a way to enable "hubdb-read". I get this message.
"message": "This hapikey (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [hubdb-read])",

0 Upvotes