Call Engagement Direction

We are working on HubSpot integration with out PBX software and successfully push new Engagement object to HubSpot. It works nice, however all calls appear as “You made a call to XXX”, even if the call was inbound. Is there a way to indicate that the call was inbound, not outbound?

Hi @Chris021,

CALL type engagements were intended to track outbound calls, so there isn’t currently a functionality to change the ‘xxx made a call to yyy’ copy. You’d need to note that the call was inbound in some other way (e.g. a note in the body of the call).

Yes, that is what we did not for now. Would be great to have a flag for the direction some time; it would be perfectly backward compatible with how it is now.

Hi @Chris021,

I can totally see the use case for that. I’d be happy to pass that idea along internally; if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

Hey! We're trying to send inbound calls to hubspot too, but they're all showing up as "You made a call to [Contact]" Has there been any progress on this? We're building an integration with HubSpot, and most of the calls our system tracks are incoming, so it's pretty unintuitive for them all to show as outgoing in HubSpot's copy.

Hi @chaelcodes,

No updates on this; call engagements in HubSpot still reflect outbound calls. I'd recommend checking out the community to throw your support behind this idea. The product team monitors the ideas forum for popular ideas with a lot of support.