APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Can we get the organizations’ web site addresses and populate the organization additional properties using API

SOLVE

I am new to HubSpot API. And currently I need to know if those 2 actions are supported inside our api:-

Currently Inside the Organization/company module, we have added 2 extra properties named “Business category” + “internal Priority”, where these properties are of type free text. so my questiosn are:-

1. Using the api can I get the web site address for all our organization/companies?
  2. Using the api can I update the values for the additional properties we have (named “Business category” + “internal Priority”)?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Can we get the organizations’ web site addresses and populate the organization additional properties using API

SOLVE

Welcome, @johnjohn123!

Happy to clarify:

1. Have you already stored each organization's web address in a company property, like the default property Website URL (internal name: website)? If you have, then you can retrieve these values through the Companies API. For example, if you use the Get all companies endpoint, you would include the query parameter properties=website to return each company record's website property value.
  2. You can certainly update custom property values through the Companies API. If you're updating one record at a time, use this endpoint; if you're making multiple edits at once, use this endpoint. (Keep in mind, you will likely have to retrieve the companies first so that you know their IDs.)

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @johnjohn123!

Happy to clarify:

1. Have you already stored each organization's web address in a company property, like the default property Website URL (internal name: website)? If you have, then you can retrieve these values through the Companies API. For example, if you use the Get all companies endpoint, you would include the query parameter properties=website to return each company record's website property value.
  2. You can certainly update custom property values through the Companies API. If you're updating one record at a time, use this endpoint; if you're making multiple edits at once, use this endpoint. (Keep in mind, you will likely have to retrieve the companies first so that you know their IDs.)

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

ok thanks a lot for the help.. looks like HubSpot API contains everything we need...

0 Upvotes