Change primary key

Its been over a year since i was on this forum. Im praying there has been some development since then.

We really need to be able to create multiple contacts with the same email address - this is specific for brokers who work on behalf our other clients.

Please let me know what is happening with this - ive searched around and there have been alot of queries around this,

It would be great if we could turn on/off the duplicate check?
or assign the duplicate check to another contact field (Whether default or custom)

Any feedback on if this has been done? will it ever be done? will be great

Hi @carolynebrownlee,

I sympathize with your frustration; that use case is legitimate.

That said, this is unlikely to ever change. Email addresses are not just the identifying property of contacts, but the foundation upon which most of the CRM is built. Removing the deduplicating power of email would affect every other tool and necessitate restructuring all HubSpot products.

If you do need "duplicate" contact records to work off as brokers, however, you could create a new contact with the original contact's email as long as you append +something before the domain.

For example, if the original contact is johnny.appleseed@example.com, HubSpot would allow you to create a contact with the email johnny.appleseed+1@example.com, as well as johnny.appleseed+2@example.com, etc. Gmail (and I believe other mail servers) will still deliver these emails to johnny.appleseed@example.com.