APIs & Integrations

juancruzbasebon

Changing status of companies within a sequence

Hi! I have a question that involves contacts, companies and sequences.

I have a sequence of 3-4 mails, including the last one, the break up mail. As the mail is sent to a contact, I'd like to change the lead status of the company of that contact to an "Inactive" status once they reach the last point in the sequence, but I've seen nothing about that in the documentation. Also, sequences doesn't have API endpoints (or I haven't seen them) to change that vía API... so if any of you can throw some light here, I'd be very thankful :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Changing status of companies within a sequence

Hi @juancruzbasebone,

In general, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team for questions like this (specifically, the part about the sequences tool, rather than an API). They'll likely be able to respond more quickly and can help with a wide variety of non-API issues. You can reach them by clicking on the 'Help' widget in your portal, or by calling 1 888-482-7768 x3.

To answer your questions, though; it's not currently possible to automatically update a company based on a contact's enrollment in a sequence. The closest you could come to that functionality would be to use workflows. I can understand the use case for this, though; if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.