APIs & Integrations

etay

Chat Widget embedded on site

SOLVE

Hi,
We have an annoying issue with the widget, users who close the widget (with the upper right X) still see it open when the come back to the site or move to another page.
How can we solve it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @etay.

It's possible to prevent the live chat welcome message from popping up by unchecking the Pop open the welcome message as a prompt box in the targeted message's settings. See below.

That said, it is currently not possible to have the welcome message appear the first time a visitor reaches your site and hide it on other page views. I can see why this would be frustrating, though, so I'll pass feedback along internally.

Additionally, were you able to reach out to HubSpot support? They are the best resource for general questions like this and respond much more quickly than we do here on the forum.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Glad I could help, @etay!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
etay

SOLVE

Hi Isaac,
That perfect!
Thanks!

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @etay.

Thanks for your patience while I was out of office for the holiday.

Follow this path to locate that setting: Settings > Conversations > Edit (for desired inbox) > Chat > Edit (for desired targeted message) > Message > Options.

I've recorded this screencast showing the path.

If you're still unable to find the setting, could you share your Hub ID?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @etay.

It's possible to prevent the live chat welcome message from popping up by unchecking the Pop open the welcome message as a prompt box in the targeted message's settings. See below.

That said, it is currently not possible to have the welcome message appear the first time a visitor reaches your site and hide it on other page views. I can see why this would be frustrating, though, so I'll pass feedback along internally.

Additionally, were you able to reach out to HubSpot support? They are the best resource for general questions like this and respond much more quickly than we do here on the forum.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
etay

SOLVE

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I did try the support but they are closed for the holiday.
However I'm unable to find this settings seen in the screenshot on my hubspot dashboard.
How can I reach it?

Thanks,
Happy Holidays
Etay

0 Upvotes