Connecting leads to hubspot from a third party CRM

contacts

Hi all! So, I'm trying to figure out how to get lead information from a third party content management system into Hubspot automatically when the lead hits the initial CRM, which is called Velocify. The expected flow would be, "information from a custom web application > Velocify > Hubspot. I'm thinking I may need some kind of webhook like Zapier to accomplish this, but I'm not sure. I've read through a lot of the documentation and can't seem to find any concrete solutions. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks in advance!

Hi @RayC,

I'm not particularly familiar with Velocify, so I look forward to hearing what others in the community have done. I didn't see any zaps that referred to Velocify specifically, but Zapier might be the best way to go unless you're particularly familiar with Velocify's APIs and feel comfortable building the integration yourself.

Hi Derek and thanks for the response. So I have the json file living in Velocify and I'm referencing my API key tlike this; "https://api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/?my_key_here". I get a successful export, but a response error that says:

{"status":"error","message":"SAML is not enabled.","correlationId":"my_key_here","engagement":{"vendorkey-gae":"vendorkey-gae not engaged. Vendorkey not found in request headers.","oauth-token":"oauth-token not engaged. OAuth access token not found in request header.","shhkey-v1":"shhkey-v1 not engaged. Shhkey not found in the request header.","access_token":"access_token not engaged. Token not found in query params.","hapikey":"hapikey not engaged. hapikey is not present in query params.","app-cookie":"app-cookie not engaged. App cookie is not present on the request.","internal-cookie":"internal-cookie not engaged. Cookie not found in the request.","legacy-app-cookie":"legacy-app-cookie not engaged. Auth cookie is not present in the request.","saml-redirect":"Engaged"},"requestId":"611ea13f01b7814fdeb8a59ffa15bead"}

What am I missing, or doing wrong?

Thanks again!

Hey Derek, so I figured out the issue and got this working the way I need it. In terms of how the connection happens, Velocify handles the call behind the scenes in its back end so there's no need for a web hook. The user only needs to provide the proper json values and the query string and Velocify handles the rest. Thanks again!