APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Connecting Notification Settings from webapp to hubspot

I’m looking to allow a user to unsubscribe from a mailing list and then be able to resubscribe through their login toa webapp on the app’s notification panel at a later date. Can I implement this setup through hubspot?

EDIT: not looking for specific implementation details but if you could point me to the api endpoint and parameter to trigger a resubscribe that would be great.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Not applicable

If I do the other option you suggested, how can I go about changing the standard footer so we can change the way the footer unsubscribes work?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

is there a way to retrieve a customer’s email preferences link for them?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

We don’t have a way to get that link, the customer would need to get the link from a previous email.

How can I resubscribe a customer?

Ask the customer to use the email preferences link from an old email you have sent from HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Tidyl

You could use custom properties for this. There isn’t a way to opt a contact back into email if they’ve opted out, but you could use custom properties and inclusions lists for the emails you’re sending, and those custom properties could be managed through the API.

There are some other details in this previous post:

Hi @santy, HubSpot imposes rigid restrictions on manipulating the global unsubscribe, as it is used to ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM and other global regulatory requirements. Consequently, the global unsubscribe (hs_email_optout) should not be used to manage subscription preferences. The following solutions should be considered instead: Email Types. These are how HubSpot’s own built-in subscription management page keep track of different subscription options. You can set these up from Co…

0 Upvotes