Contact deleted as enrolment criteria for workflow

Hi There!

I wanted to ask a question, if there is a possibility of enrolling a contact into the workflow, that has been deleted? As I know there is a chance of querying contact with isDeleted flag, which includes also deleted contacts in the response.

I know that this behaviour can be achieved by web hooks via integrated application, however this is not the case for us, as we need the whole payload, not only the partial one.

Our scenario is that if a contact is deleted in HubSpot it needs to trigger an endpoint on our middleware application which then performs logic. As we are keeping two distinct types of contacts (which are indicated by a contact property) we cannot distinguish which logical path we should follow.

Does anyone had similar use-case or know how to make a workaround for that?

Kind Regards,
Rafal

@H3xas Right now there isn't a way to launch a webhook upon the deletion of a contact in HubSpot. You would have to poll the contact database in HubSpot to notice any discrepancies.

@H3xas I'd like to make a correction to my previous statement above. You can launch a webhook on a contact deletion.

You can create the app in your dev portal.

Hi @pmanca

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I know this behaviour of web hooks:

I know that this behaviour can be achieved by web hooks via integrated application, however this is not the case for us, as we need the whole payload, not only the partial one.

I though maybe there is some workaround from your perspective. As I have said the problem is that the web hook message is basically a fixed set of properties (minimal ones) which give high performance as they are small. The problem with our usecase is that we need whole payload of data from a contact.

Kind Regards,
Rafal

@H3xas Ok, At the moment the only way to get the full payload would be to get the contact by vid after you get the partial payload in the webhook. This would involve one additional call on your end.