APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Contact List Metrics (via /analytics/* API endpoints)

SOLVE

Hello, is it possible to fetch contact list sizes for given dates with the /analytics endpoints? The :object_type endpoint (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/analytics/get-analytics-data-by-object) doesn't provide support for "contact-lists".

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @tstepp.

No, it's not possible to retrieve historical contact list sizes via an API at this time. This data is currently only available in a list's Performance tab.

The closest thing I know of in the API is the lastSizeChangeAt field returned by the Contact Lists API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @tstepp.

Apologies for the delayed response. I appreciate your patience while I was out of office for the holiday.

It's possible to retrieve list size information without pulling the contact records themselves. As I mentioned earlier, this endpoint returns a lastSizeChangeAt timestamp. I imagine Databox is polling this endpoint to keep track of list size changes.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

Thanks @Isaac_Takushi! How do services like databox.com pull contact list sizes over time without pulling all contact records?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @tstepp.

No, it's not possible to retrieve historical contact list sizes via an API at this time. This data is currently only available in a list's Performance tab.

The closest thing I know of in the API is the lastSizeChangeAt field returned by the Contact Lists API.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes