APIs & Integrations

bryanfboutwell

Contacts API Frequently Getting 500 - internal error

The API call "/contacts/v1/lists/all/contacts/all" that we use to gets contacts every hour has been failing for the last 5 hours with an internal error returned from Hubspot. This happens sporadically as it is, but now it has failed for too many hours in a row.

Here is a sample request id from the application monitoring portal.
d99832ce-4f4b-47a1-a664-5e4f77f8b456

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @bryan

We haven't seen any general issues with that endpoint, and haven't been able to reproduce any issues on our side with a few different test accounts.

This might be an issue with the specific accounts you're working with. I'll need some more details to troubleshoot so I'll be reaching out to directly.

0 Upvotes
Greg_Blass

Hey @Dadams,

We also periodically get this error. It may end up correcting itself? But I'm not entirely sure. I can give you an example request ID that we have logged in Rollbar from the response if that helps?

Is this just a random equivalent of a bug on HubSpot's end? We just want to make sure it isn't something that we are doing wrong.

- Greg

0 Upvotes
martyf5
Participant

Check out this thread:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/HTTP-500-error-when-loading-table/m-p/262641

My pull of contact data via the API has been working.  We have been getting 500 Internal Errors when pulling Deals and Engagements  Based on the feedback in the thread, there are issues with Contacts that are affecting other things.  We were able to get around the Deal issue, but Engagements pulls still have 500 Internal Errors.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bryan,

Thanks for reporting this. Let me jump in and investigate with the team; I'll reach out in this thread when I have additional information for you.

0 Upvotes