APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Contacts do not get listed in Hubspot

Hello!

I have a question for which we can't find the answer. If someone submits their e-mail on our homepage (www.ilumio.nl) for a newsletter subscription the person doesn't get in our Hubspot-contactlist. According to Hubspot this must have to do something with the Java script but i do not have enough knowledge to find the real problem and the solution. We have a different website (www.store-direct.fr) where it works just fine. Can someone find out what goes wrong and how we can make it work?

Thanks in advance.

William

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Store_Direct, sorry for the delay, It was a holiday in the US, so I did not see your message until today. Taking a look at both pages, they both appear to have the tracking code on them, and they're both non-HubSpot forms. In the section here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/collected-forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#forms-that-..., you can see that one reason why this might not work is that:

Form has JavaScript bound to form submit event or submit button click event. This is how the tool captures submissions and any other events, and can prevent HubSpot from knowing when submissions occur.

or

Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.

The first issue is more likely the issue as I can see a lot of eventListeners attached to that submit button for the page that does not submit properly, but the one that does submit has far fewer. To fix, you'll either need to remove the event listeners from your submit button, come up with a JS workaround, replace your custom forms with HubSpot forms (though you won't be able to style the forms to your liking as a Free Account), or use the Forms API to submit data to HubSpot. The Forms API is more reliable overall than non-hubspot forms due to the caveats that are described in the knowledge article I linked, so I'd highly recommend using the API if you're able to.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

@ Connor_Barley Did you receive my response? I am looking forward to your answer.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Store_Direct, first and foremost you'll probably want to use the tracking code on your homepage to get tracking data on contacts.

Then to send data to HubSpot, you'll need to eitherembed a HubSpot form on your homepage or use the Forms API to send data to your HubSpot account.

How can I find the forms on both your www.ilumio.nl and www.store-direct.fr domains so that I can compare the two?

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Thanks for your response!

On the bottom of this page you can find the form for Store-Direct: https://www.store-direct.fr/fr/leading/le-guide-suprme-de-stores-intrieurs-tout-ce-dont-vous-avez-be...

Here you can find the one for ilumio on the bottom: https://www.ilumio.nl/

I made some screenshots to show you what they look like.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

The ilumio one looks like this:

0 Upvotes