APIs & Integrations

abelx1cuna

Contacts from API does not include Timeline or Lead Source

Hello!

We’re using the API to push contact info (first name, last name, email, etc) to both Hubspot and to our company’s server at the same time.

Unfortunately, the new contact in Hubspot does not show timeline information or the true lead source (search engine, direct, etc) – it only shows as added “offline” via the API.

Is there a way to use the API new contact method to push accurate timeline data (from the tracking cookie) and the original lead source too?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @abelx1cuna

The analytics properties (including lead source) get calculated automatically based on the analytics data we have the record, which gets associated with the contact based on the hubspotutk tracking cookie from our tracking code. There isn’t a way to associate the cookie with the contact using the Contacts API, so you’d need to use the Forms API to make that association:

Submit data to a form | HubSpot Forms API

POST https://forms.hubspot.com/uploads/form/v2/:portal_id/:form_guid - Send form submission data to HubSpot. Form submissions from external sources can be made to any registered HubSpot form. You can see a list of forms on your portal by going to...

0 Upvotes
abelx1cuna

Thanks so much! I think this points us in the right direction. I’ll pass this along to the rest of my team!

0 Upvotes