APIs & Integrations

jskirst1

CRM Extension API permissions issue

I’m attempting to use the CRM Extensions API, which I see other folks on this forum using successfully, but I’m running into a strange error when I attempt to make a call to https://api.hubapi.com/extensions/sales-objects/v1/object-types?hapikey=[MYAPIKEY]

{“status”:“error”,“message”:“This hapikey ([MYAPIKEY]) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [developers-access])”,“correlationId”:"[CORRID]",“requestId”:"[REQID]"}

Has anyone else seen this before and know how to address?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @jskirst,

The endpoint you mentioned in your original post is the Create object type endpoint (see below), which is used to create an object type that your CRM extension to use. Because object types are tied to your app, not your portal, you need to use a developer API key from the developer portal your app is hosted. You can get this key by logging into your developer portal and clicking the Get HAPIkey button on the top right.

0 Upvotes
saurabh100

Yes, I'm getting the same error:
403 {"status":"error","message":"This hapikey (HAPAIKEY) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [developers-access])","correlationId":"DHTFHHGFFGBVF","requestId":"c5566dhdjjdg7788"}

And I'm using the marketing/sales portal for this.

0 Upvotes
jskirst1

Hey Derek,

I am using the API key I generated for our Hubspot CRM account. I was told by support that the issue will be resolved by going through the Oauth2 flow, though I’m not sure how that would help. How can I get a developer API key?

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @jskirst,

Are you using a developer hapikey from the developer portal your app is in? Is it possible you’re using a hapikey from a marketing/sales portal?

0 Upvotes