APIs & Integrations

hsharp
Participant

Custom Integration Live Chat with Webhooks

Hello, I’m looking to integrate a livechat tool that does not have a hubspot plugin. They do offer webhooks and when a visitor initiates a chat, they must provide Name, Email, Zip Code as required fields via their tool. I’m thinking we can use the hubspot forms api to get the proper tracking & basic contacts creation/update, but what about the actual transcript? Would that need to be a separate piece, such as using their webhooks to post to a timeline api or contact engagement api? Is there an easier way that I’m missing? We don’t want to push any hubspot data to them, this is one direction into hubspot.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @hubber,

We don't currently have a live chat API that would allow storing the transcripts as conversations or allow a two-way chat, but if you're just pushing the transcripts into HubSpot for posterity you could use the Engagements API to create a note on a contact's timeline.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Looks like they don't currently have a well defined public API for live chats.

Hi @batjaa, There isn't currently any public API for the HubSpot chat tool. If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes