APIs & Integrations

Siddharth_Shukl

Custom Subscription Center Page

I’m trying to create a new landing page in hubspot that I want to use as a subscription center page, i.e. for allowing contacts to either set preferences or unsubscribe from all email. Something like this: http://pages.alteryx.com/Email-Preference-Center.html

Is is possible to create a custom email preference/subscription center and use it to update the preferences/email types and set the “opt out of all emails” property to true if they unsubscribe.

I do not want to make any changes in the default subscription settings. A redirect would be set to the new custom page, because if I create a system page, it does not give me the options to add contact fields in the form.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Regards,
Sid

4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @benji_thecroc,

Generally, contacts that would like to manage their email preferences click on the ‘Manage subscriptions’ link in marketing emails. Building a page like this would be most effectively done using the Email API.

0 Upvotes
megmorrow
Participant

@Derek_Gervais do  you have any more details on this? Any documentation that could help us create this page?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @megmorrow ,

We don't have any documentation on the specifics of building a custom email subscription page. The link below does outline the deatils of the subscription API, which would be required for this type of page. It's generally not recommended to do this, since the Email Subscriptions API (formerly just the Email API) doesn't allow for full control over a contact's subscriptions. 

The public subscriptions API doesn't allow for opting-in a previously opted-out email address to prevent abuse, limiting the utility of a custom subscription page. The only surefire way for a contact to fully manage their subscriptions status is for the contact to click on a "Manage preferences" link in a HubSpot email.

benji_thecroc
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

Hi Sid,

Did you get any further or find any information on this?

I’m also looking to do something similar however it’s not looking like it’s possible. Perhaps using HubSpot API and creating a bespoke custom built page is the alternative.

0 Upvotes