APIs & Integrations

ianhill
Participant

Customer Map - Prefilter Customer Map API

SOLVE

Hey,

I'm in the process of creating a "Customer Map" so we can see where out customers are based, when meeting them, we can also see who else is in the area for a visit.

The issue I'm having is that the " Get all companies" API will return every company we have in the database. Unfortunately, not every company in the database is our customer - yet!

Is there a way to prefilter this API to show just those who are marked as a "Customer"?

If not, is there any alternative methods you can think of?

Cheers, Ian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ian_hill123, there's no way to prefilter companies when using the Companies API, unfortunately. You'll need to continue to get all companies, then filter on your end only the companies with a lifecyclestage of customer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @ianhill , 

I know this was a question was from a few years ago, but just in case you didn't figure out a solution. Check out our app GeoMapper in the HubSpot app marketplace. It's built solely for HubSpot customers. 

We created the solution for exactly the use case you referenced. However we went a few steps further, so you can create any filter you want. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

0 Upvotes
ianhill
Participant

SOLVE

No worries mate, I'm going to create an external database and use the webhooks to keep it up to date.

Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

No worries @ian_hill123 ! :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
ianhill
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for clarifying Conner :slight_smile:

We have over 120,000 companies in the CRM, which will take over 500 calls to your API to get all of the companies. Is there a quicker, more robust way? Maybe like getting all companies in a list? Or maybe a Reporting API?

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ian_hill123 unfortunately not. Like tickets contacts and deals, companies cannot be filtered or grabbed in parallel to limit calls

0 Upvotes
cbarley
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @ian_hill123, there's no way to prefilter companies when using the Companies API, unfortunately. You'll need to continue to get all companies, then filter on your end only the companies with a lifecyclestage of customer

0 Upvotes