APIs & Integrations

fonji
Contributor

Daily limit - when is the next day?

Hello!
I have a question regarding the daily limit of 40,000 API calls.
I know that it is unlocked “the next day”, but what does “the next day” means?
Is it a limit on a rolling 24 hours? If not, in which timezone is the “next day”?

I mean, let’s imagine I run a script from 7pm (CET/Paris) that makes 40,000 calls and fails at 8pm (CET/Paris) (we’ll disregard the 10 calls/sec limit for the sake of this example).
In this situation, can I make API calls at 1am the next day (still CET/Paris) or do we have to wait until 7-8pm (…) to be unlocked?
Or is it 6am CET/Paris as it’s midnight ET / Cambridge, MA (Hubspot headquarters)?

5 Replies 5
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @fonji

The API limits always reset at midnight Eastern Time, regardless of the time zone setting of the portal.

0 Upvotes
SynthioDev

The developer FAQ here http://developers.hubspot.com/apps/api_guidelines says that the limit resets based on the timezone settings of the HubSpot account. Could you clarify which is correct? If it’s the timezone of the account, is there a call to get that information? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The API Usage Guidelines page has the correct information; the limit resets at midnight based on the time zone setting of the portal. We don’t currently have a way to get the current number of used calls or the time zone setting, but these are things we’re working on now and we plan to release these soon.

0 Upvotes
fonji
Contributor

Is there any way to know how many calls have already been made since the last reset?
It’s important for me to know if and when I can launch an import script, if you don’t increase our limit for a few days.

0 Upvotes
fonji
Contributor

Thank you, that’s good to know.

0 Upvotes