Data Integration possibilities

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post here.

I wanted to know if it is possible to have data integration or data stitching at the contact level using their email address as the primary key to possibly connect to an external database or add custom data about a contact in Hubspot itself.

My second question is if Hubspot is a relational database and therefore further tables can be added and connected to the existing data structure.

Thanks!
Shiv Sharma

Hi @Shivankit,

Email address is unique for all contacts in HubSpot, but it can be changed for any given contact record (e.g. if a contact re-submits a form with a different email address). You could connect HubSpot to an external database, but you'd need to be aware of the various ways contact records are updated. Additionally, HubSpot uses relational databases to store information, but users do not have direct access to these databases. It's not possible to create custom objects/tables in HubSpot.

I'd recommend starting with the Contacts API docs, which should give you a good primer on how HubSpot handles contact records: