Difference between embeded form v2.js and shell.js

Want to know difference between v2.js and shell.js that are used to embed the form. I see lot of customization can be done using v2.js but since shell.js serves iframe, the customization is almost impossible. Can you please tell me is there any way to customize using shell.js? and does using v2.js create issue?

Hubspot Modal form

Hi @manojmohan,

The v2.js embed code is standard for HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, and Enterprise subscriptions, while the shell.js embed code is standard for HubSpot Marketing Free and Starter. Most of the customization features that come with the v2.js embed code are specific to Basic/Pro/Enterprise portals, and the shell.js code doesn't allow custom styling through the page's stylesheets. It's not possible to choose between embed codes; if you have a Marketing Basic/Pro/Enterprise subscription, you'll have the v2.js embed code, and vice versa for Marketing Free/Starter.

Hi @Derek_Gervais,
Thanks for the information. I am getting "Couldn't find target container #hbspt-form-XXXXX for HubSpot Form XXXXXXX Not rendering form onto the page" warning on using shell.js with hubspot tracking code. I see that if I load tracking code and wait for some interval untill all scripts tracking code loads, then the warning doesn't appear. Is there any dependency between shell.js and tracking code? and if yes, how to overcome the issue of dependency?

Hi @manojmohan,

Thanks for your patience here; I'd need to take a closer look at the page you're referring to in order to be certain what's going on. Can you send me a link to the page in question?

Hi,
same problem here. My form is only loaded by refreshing the page. Could you please check that? @Derek_Gervais
https://www.panke-sprachreisen.de/informationen/kataloge-und-preislisten

Hi @mhohenwald,

The form on that page loaded immediately when I navigated to that page. Is there a different form you're referring to? Are you still encountering issues with that page?

Hi Derek,

yes, there are issues. The form is often render at the bottom from the site and only a refresh of the page loads it at the right place.

I deactivated the caching, but there was no difference. The problem seems to be mainly with google chrome. It works better in Edge.

I found this error in the chrome console:

Couldn't find target container #hbspt-form-1524553609269-2281867881 for HubSpot Form 3e394485-b3bc-483f-ace9-26db1fda139f. Not rendering form onto the page

l @ shell.js:11

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Hohenwald

Panke Sprachreisen

Fon: +49 4503 89 831-11

Mail: markus.hohenwald@panke-sprachreisen.de

Web: www.panke-sprachreisen.de

Facebook

YouTube

Google+

Twitter

Anschrift:
Sereetzer Weg 20
23626 Ratekau
Deutschland

Bankverbindung:
Sparkasse Holstein
IBAN: DE75 2135 2240 0006 0190 12
BIC/SWIFT: NOLADE21HOL

Handelsregister Lübeck
HRB 8132 HL
Geschäftsführer:
Stefan Panke, Marcus Barber
St-Nr.: 22 296 31471
U-ID: DE157066532

Hi @mhohenwald,

Sounds like you might be running into issues since you have multiple forms on that page. In the embedded for, you should set the target manually to the container you want the for to appear in:

Hi Derek,

Thank you, that seems to help. I've added a target-id, now it loads better. But I'm wondering, there is still the error message in the console...

shell.js:11 Couldn't find target container #hbspt-form-1524644579192-3339163279 for HubSpot Form 3e394485-b3bc-483f-ace9-26db1fda139f. Not rendering form onto the page

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Hohenwald

Panke Sprachreisen

Fon: +49 4503 89 831-11

Mail: markus.hohenwald@panke-sprachreisen.de

Web: www.panke-sprachreisen.de

Facebook

YouTube

Google+

Twitter

Anschrift:
Sereetzer Weg 20
23626 Ratekau
Deutschland

Bankverbindung:
Sparkasse Holstein
IBAN: DE75 2135 2240 0006 0190 12
BIC/SWIFT: NOLADE21HOL

Handelsregister Lübeck
HRB 8132 HL
Geschäftsführer:
Stefan Panke, Marcus Barber
St-Nr.: 22 296 31471
U-ID: DE157066532

Hi @mhohenwald,

Is there another form embed code somewhere on the page? I'm not seeing one, but theoretically if there were a third form (or if you were calling the form create method again) you might end up seeing this error.