APIs & Integrations

Dillonheins

Does the API provide a way to generate a link to an object?

SOLVE

I am linking to HubSpot from an external application and am currently building the links myself. If HubSpot were to ever change its link formatting this would be an issue.

Therefore my question is: is there any way to provide relevant info (such as a portalId and an objectId) to the API so that it will return a generated link to the object?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Dillonheins,

That functionality doesn't currently exist; the only way to construct a link is to combine the various IDs in the same structure that appears in the URL bar of your browser (which it sounds like you're doing already). I can totally understand the use case for this, though; if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Dillonheins,

That functionality doesn't currently exist; the only way to construct a link is to combine the various IDs in the same structure that appears in the URL bar of your browser (which it sounds like you're doing already). I can totally understand the use case for this, though; if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes