APIs & Integrations

resulting01
Participant

Double signature issue when using gmail for business through hubspot

Hi there,
at my organisation we use gmail for business. As part of our settings we automatically attach an email signature to all emails send.

We want our sales people to sync their gmails with hubspot and send emails through hubspot for tracking etc.

We also want to have each sales person create their signature in hubspot so we can use this as a personalisation token when doing mailers.

The problem is when they send emails to individual contacts using gmail through hubspot it is showing both emails signatures, both the gmail signature and the hubspot signature. Is there a way to work around this?

We don't want to remove the signature on our gmail account because not everyone uses hubspot, but we want to have signatures in hubspot for mail merging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Double signature issue when using gmail for business through hubspot

Hi @resulting01,

I don't believe it's possible for HubSpot or Gmail to auto-detect another signature; you'll likely have to disable one of the signatures. You might be able to disable to Gmail signatures for only the folks who use HubSpot, and leave it in place for the other folks. For more info, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support org, since this forum is primarily focused around the HubSpot APIs and integrations. You can reach them by clicking the 'Help' widget in your HubSpot portal, or by calling 1 888-482-7768 x3.

0 Upvotes