APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Dynamic email content

Hi,

If there is same contact with multiple dynamic contents, and we are updating the contact property via API, and the workflow is triggered when that custom contact property is updated, and the contact is in queue for the same workflow, would not that property be updated before the previous email is sent?

Already posted -
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/hubspot-api/uz-Q2kwIoXQ/VMyo-tcrBQAJ;context-place=forum/hubsp...

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Not applicable

Dynamic email content

Hi @dadams,

For multiple workflows it will not be a big problem. The problem is that the contact property I am using will updated with the new value and the previous value will be lost.

Is there not way to use that previous value?

0 Upvotes
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Dynamic email content

Hi @sougata_bose

Any personalization tokens in emails get set based on the properties of the contact at the time the email is sent, not at the time the workflow is started, so if you have a contact in multiple workflows that are modifying the same property and sending emails, they could interfere with each other. If you have one workflow that should take priority, you can have one of the workflows remove the contact from other workflows:

How do I set my workflow to automatically remove contacts from other active...

Navigate to Workflow settings to remove contacts from other active workflows when they are enrolled in a particular workflow.

Otherwise, you can have workflows enroll contacts into a second workflow as the last step in a workflow, to make sure that workflows trigger in order.

Can I use a workflow to enroll a contact into a different workflow?

Learn how to use the 'Enroll contact in a workflow' action within your workflow to enroll that contact into a separate workflow.

0 Upvotes