APIs & Integrations

Walter_Anderson

ECommerce API - requiring a specific deal pipeline

Regarding this section of the ECommerce Bridge API documentation

Ecommerce Bridge will also define a deal pipeline on every portal that uses the API or installs an app built on the API. All deals created through the Ecommerce Bridge API must have a stage that is a part of the ecommerce pipeline. This means that any portal with the maximum number of deal pipelines, or an existing ecommerce Pipeline, will not be able to use the API.

My first question is, more broadly, why? Why must I be limited to a preset deal pipeline for any deal created through the ECommerce bridge? The predefined deal stages do not fit my business needs, and the limitation appears arbitrary from my perspective. Am I allowed to customize this pipeline by changing the stages? Or would that prevent me from using the API?

I have multiple types of deals that I am creating through the ECommerce Bridge API that would fit more appropriately in two different types of deal pipelines. However, it sounds like this is not possible?

Since I did not realize this ecommerce pipeline was mandatory, I removed it from my portal. Is there a way to re-add it? This section of the documentation, "This means that any portal with the maximum number of deal pipelines, or an existing ecommerce Pipeline, will not be able to use the API" leads me to believe I can't simply create a new pipeline with the same name and expect it to work.

If this pipeline is required, it might be wise to mark it as such on the "Deal Pipelines and Stages" edit page.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Connor_York

I believe the pipeline should be restored! Let us know if anything else comes up!

0 Upvotes
Connor_York

Currently, recreating the pipeline will not work. We are working on a fix to restore the pipeline that has been deleted! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

0 Upvotes
Connor_York

Hello @Walter_Anderson,

I'm going to delete the ecommerce deal pipeline, try to create a new one, and see if the ECommBridge functionality continues to work.

I'll report back with my findings.

0 Upvotes
Walter_Anderson

Update: Still looking for literally any kind of feedback on this.

I attempted to re-create the ecommerce pipeline via the API, but received a validation error.

{ "status": "error", "message": "stageId (checkout_abandoned) is a duplicate of a stageId in another pipeline", "correlationId": "320500c7-a1e2-48ea-a802-5979093af38e", "requestId": "c040a6d22b280df51f0b918f5f0bc3bc" }

@Derek_Gervais you seem to be a frequent poster here, got any suggestions for how to resolve this?

0 Upvotes
Walter_Anderson

bump

Still looking for help on this.

0 Upvotes