EditContact call automatically

Hello,

I have create one api for edit the ContactData, but that api is called by default in every time
whenever i start my server and edit contact api called by default and its continue called and update the data.

Hi @avinash,

If I understand you correctly, your code is calling this endpoint every time you start your server. What should it be doing?

I will likely not be able to advise specifically on how to alter your code, but could you set up some trigger for conditions when the endpoint should be called?

Hello,

Thanks for your quickly response.

i am create the webhook on add the integration
that time i am use the this api

yield createWebhook1(userData,"contact.propertyChange",'firstname');

here createWebhook1 is function and this function called when i am add the intergration and here webhook created successfully

if(webhookData[0].subscriptionType==="contact.propertyChange"){
yield editContactWebhook(webhookData,objectId);
}

Here i am check the condition than if and condition is true than editContactWebhook will called

and In editContactWebhook function i have uppdate the data
and last i will send the reponse if its successfully.

resolve(true) // send the response from the editContactWebhook function

but once this function called editContactwebhook function called continuesly

Thanks

Hi, @avinash.

Please correct me if I misunderstand:

1. Your app listens for when a contact's firstname changes through a webhook subscription.
  2. If you receive a notification with "subscriptionType": "contact.propertyChange", then you trigger the editContactWebhook function.

My question is: Does editContactWebhook update data in HubSpot or your system? If it updates the contact's firstname in HubSpot, this will create a loop.