APIs & Integrations

johnvicencio

Embed Hubspot Blog on my website

Is there a way to embed Hubspot blog into my website? Easily. I did JavaScript RSS feed direction but it fails to load due to https/ssl on Chrome. Any ideas?

16 Replies 16
emraeshine

Is there some way users on our main website CMS (Episerver) can search the content on our Hubspot site when using the search bar on the main website? With an API or RSS feed? We want users to be able to search across platforms.

CBN
Top Contributor

This is simply hard to get?

Why can't I just get an clear iframe link to my blog in the same way I do for my webinar platform? Then I can embed this directly in about 1 minute.

<iframe width="100%" height="400" frameborder="0" src="https://app.livestorm.co/uqualio-the-video-elearning-platform/upcoming?limit=3" title="uQualio - the video eLearning platform begivenheder | Livestorm"></iframe>

I am not amused.

CBN
Top Contributor

And off course consider 'noref, ...' to ensure security.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @bill,

There isn't really an easy way to do it, and we don't generally recommend it due to the work involved. It's almost always easier to host the Blog on HubSpot than to create a custom service to pull blog posts from HubSpot and publish them on an external webpage. The 'List blog posts' endpoint mentioned above will be useful, as will most of the Blog Post APIs. If you're familiar with building applications that read RSS feeds, you might consider trying to use your blog's RSS feed to surface blog posts on your external site:

DeborahGagnon
Participant

I think the reason why this request is coming up so much is because the trend of a blog being seperate from a website is going out of vogue. People want to know they are on the official blog for a website and want a stream lined user experience.  (In other words if they want to read a couple of posts and easily navigate back to the pages on the site they were on it should be easy to do).

We use a third party vendor for builds and I do not have access to all the code they use to create that seamless experience in hubspot; so the URL is different than the rest of the site and the top navigation is not consistent with the rest of the site. It looks like a different website. If I were to ask our third party for a navigation code to make the Header look the same on our blog page is there a simpler way of doing that rather than trying to use an RSS to display or using an API ?

BLugar
Participant

Yes, this seems like things of the past. Like why on earth would we do this when we could quite literally host a blog on myspace or Facebook and pull analytics. 

Also, I could be wrong but each blog post that I put onto my shopfity site builds brand equity into my domain. Which gets me better ranking and authority. 

CBN
Top Contributor

See my post below... It could be as simple as this:

<iframe width="100%" height="400" frameborder="0" src="https://app.livestorm.co/uqualio-the-video-elearning-platform/upcoming?limit=3" title="uQualio - the video eLearning platform begivenheder | Livestorm"></iframe>

Not applicable

I’m trying to do the same thing as the original poster. Does Hubspot recommend using the API to make a server-side api call or the iframe method that someone posted above?

Not applicable

You could try dropping it in an iframe instead of an embed, which would essentially just be an iframe with some snazzy javascript and a couple styles. If you’re only wanting to include a couple articles, I would create a new, hidden page styled just the way I’d want it to appear, then embed that instead of the full blog.

Holly_Thomson
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Hi,
Is there a documentation on how to complete the step above?
I need to integrate Blog title, and some excerpts to my blog

Holly_Thomson
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Also will I be able to Excerpt the post, choose the author & Date and get it in the required width that I need.

Also will i have control over CSS and font

thanks

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@Holly_Thomson

Get the blog post by ID | COS Blog API

GET /content/api/v2/blog-posts/:blog_post_id - Get the Blog Post by ID API.

Once you pull all the blogs over you can manipulate them to look however you would like. You can sort them out by Auther, etc. as well on your side.

0 Upvotes
Holly_Thomson
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Thanks, but the link you shared it dead, please share again and will I be able to limit content i push to my site?

3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

The limiting will be handled by you on your side. The link seems to be working for me. I’ll try and post it again.

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@johnvicencio There is no way to do this easily as you will have to make a server-side API call to get all of the blogs and cannot make the call client-side. You would have to make the server-side call and then push the blogs into your page. This wouldn’t be a simple embed code but more so of an integration.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi,

yes I need the same as Holly but nobody answers to it anymore.

Is there a documentation on how to complete the step above?

I need to integrate Blog title, and some excerpts to my blog
[/quote]

0 Upvotes