APIs & Integrations

Andy1

Engagements API: RecordingURL Not Present

Hi, I’ve been trying to access the recordingURL property for a “CALL” engagement through the API but it is not present and only shows the durationMilliseconds and body properties in the metadata.

I would be very grateful if anyone could advise why the recordingURL property may not be available?

Here is an example of the API I’m using: https://api.hubapi.com/engagements/v1/engagements/[Engagement_ID]?hapikey=[My_API_Key]

Thanks very much in advance.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Andy,

Sure thing, can you direct message me with a link to a contact record that has a call engagement on their timeline that appears to have a recording in the UI, but is lacking the recordingUrl field when accessed through the API?

0 Upvotes
Andy1

Hi @Derek_Gervais, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can confirm I am seeing the call recordings on the HubSpot platform but when using the API I am seeing the notes from the call in the body property but no recordingURL property.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Andy,

It’s possible for call engagements to not have any recording associated, either because there was no answer (or some other failed call situation) or recording was turned off. Are you seeing a call engagement that has a recording in app, but no recordingURL property?

0 Upvotes