Enrolling a contact int a sequence

Hello,

I am using Hubspot’s CRM and sales tools.

I would like to know if it is possible to enroll a contact into an email sequence programatically via an API call?

Thanks

Hi @ttremblay,

You cannot enroll a contact programmatically into a Sales sequence as that’s intended to be a manual process. However on the marketing side (which is intended to be automatic) you can enroll contacts through the API via this endpoint http://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/workflows/add_contact

Can you tell me more about your use case on the sales side?

-Zack

Hello Zack,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here is the use case.

1. User visits our website
  2. user signs-up for our product (SAAS)
  3. We send a series of follow-up emails no more then 3 (potential
    integration point)

We would like to leverage sequences, open/click notification, and open rate
stats, that we we could fine tune our email follow-ups

D
​o you have any idea​, that would help us?

Hey @ttremblay,

That’s really what the marketing product is intended to do. The closest you could get with just the sales product would be to create a task via our Engagements API for the rep to enroll someone in a sequence once someone signs up for your product.

-Zack

I think there’s a strong case to provide programatic access to enrolling a contact into a sequence. All you have to do is look at the myriad tools available to Salesforce customers: InsideSales.com, Salesloft, Outreach.io, etc. For those of us who’ve opted to switch from Salesforce, this is very disappointing. Has there been any movement on this since your last reply, over a year ago?