APIs & Integrations

Shakil
Participant

Error: "Cannot have more than 250 identities on a profile" When Update an existing contact

SOLVE

Hi,
I am trying to update an existing contact using Hubspot update a contact API (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/update_contact). Unfortunately, I am getting a response with an error "Cannot have more than 250 identities on a profile". My post data identical to :

{
"properties": [
{
"property": "salutation",
"value": "XXX"
},
{
"property": "firstname",
"value": "XXX"
},
{
"property": "lastname",
"value": "XXXX"
},
{
"property": "email",
"value": "info@xxxxxx.com"
},
{
"property": "phone_alfadocs",
"value": "0000000000"
},
{
"property": "create_date_on_alfadocs",
"value": 1484784000000
},
{
"property": "create_date_on_alfadocs_1_day_ago",
"value": "true"
},
{
"property": "create_date_on_alfadocs_12_days_ago",
"value": "true"
},
{
"property": "registration_source",
"value": "AlfaDocs"
},
{
"property": "helper",
"value": "false"
},
{
"property": "abonnement",
},
{
"property": "demo_before_hubspot",
},
{
"property": "last_net_promoter_score_survey_rating",
"value": ""
},
{
"property": "had_invitation_at_registration",
},
{
"property": "utm_source",
"value": "workflow"
},
{
"property": "utm_medium",
"value": "email"
},
{
"property": "utm_content",
"value": "ilTempoDellaPrestazione"
},
{
"property": "utm_campaign",
"value": "corsoControlloDiGestione"
},
{
"property": "branch",
"value": "dentistry"
},
{
"property": "last_login",
"value": 1484784000000
}
]
}

The response from Hubspot API is :
{
"status": "error",
"message": "{"status":"error","message":"Cannot have more than 250 identities on a profile","correlationId":"ed23afb3-8323-435a-a0a6-cde969e4e7ba","requestId":"ec1be6b0-5487-4c0a-9f19-3dee1572cf55"}",
"correlationId": "ed23afb3-8323-435a-a0a6-cde969e4e7ba",
"requestId": "6b3f6373f9421df8059918939d5f6672"
}

I am not sure what would be the possible reason. I also tried to figure out what is the error message implying by searching in Hubspot API documentation but I was unable to find something relative. I really appreciate any kind of suggestions and help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Error: "Cannot have more than 250 identities on a profile" When Update an existing contact

SOLVE

Hi all,

Thank you all for your patience here. I've just received confirmation from the product team that this issue should now be fixed. New contacts should no longer erroneously accumulate massages identities, and existing contacts that had accumulated large numbers of messages identities should now be working as expected.

Please feel free to comment below if you continue to see this issue!

P.S. Keep in mind, this fix is only applicable for contacts affected by the relevant messages issue.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Faithlife_Dev

SOLVE
={"status":"error","message":"{\"status\":\"error\",\"message\":\"Cannot have more than 250 identities on a profile\",\"correlationId\":\"0c2b225d-e6b3-4b7e-bd4d-6fa52869f833\"}","correlationId":"0c2b225d-e6b3-4b7e-bd4d-6fa52869f833"}

I got the similar error here, not sure what could have caused this. 

Thank you for the help!

cc @Derek_Gervais 

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi all,

Thank you all for your patience here. I've just received confirmation from the product team that this issue should now be fixed. New contacts should no longer erroneously accumulate massages identities, and existing contacts that had accumulated large numbers of messages identities should now be working as expected.

Please feel free to comment below if you continue to see this issue!

P.S. Keep in mind, this fix is only applicable for contacts affected by the relevant messages issue.

0 Upvotes
Shakil
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @Derek_Gervais,
It's been a while since we are looking for a solution. It would be really great if you have any time frame or any workaround I could use.
Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
j_santiago

SOLVE

@Shakil have you tried to use "&limit=250&offset=" in your API? I had a similar problem and I solved it with that.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Shakil,

Not at this time. The fix for this is rather intensive, since it will involve removing identities. I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date as soon as I have more information.

0 Upvotes
im-bart

SOLVE

I encountered this issue as well. Any timeline on a fix?

0 Upvotes
Shakil
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

Do you have any update for the thread?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Shakil,

Apologies for the delay here; I'm working with the team on a resolution for this issue. Essentially, the HubSpot live chat was adding extraneous identities. in some cases (like yours) this cluttered up certain contacts and prevented them from obtaining new identities. We're working on a fix now, and it'll take some further work to retroactively fix contacts in this state. I'll keep this thread updated as I get more information.

0 Upvotes
Shakil
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

Thanks a lot for the update and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Hope it will not take much longer.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Shakil,

Can you send me a link to the contact record in question? It's likely that the contact record has too many associated identities, which can happen if the same contact record has had a large number of email address updates.

Shakil
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

Thanks a lot for your response. The Hubspot link for the contact is https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/1813982/contact/881755?interaction=note and Offcourse the vid is 881755. I hope this information will be enough for you. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more in details.
@Derek_Gervais Could you please also specify what is identity-profiles is!

0 Upvotes