APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Forbidden dispite scope

Hi Hubspot

I’m trying to create a form (or even retrieve an existing form) through the api, and I just keep getting back 403 forbidden. I have checked my permissions using https://api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/access-tokens/ and get the following back:-

“scopes”:[“content”,“oauth”,“forms”],
“hub_id”:4023495,“app_id”:56677,“expires_in”:21278,“user_id”:489###,“token_type”:“access”}

So I seem to have the correct scope but still cannot access. I’m logging in with a test account with Marketing Enterprise permissions.

I am passing the auth token etc, and have no problems creating pages etc, its literally just with forms creating or retrieving through the api I get this issue. I can create them through the portal manually no problem

Thanks

Lee

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Not applicable

Forbidden dispite scope

Hi Derek, figured this out, it needed the contact scope. Might be worth adding this to the documentation.

Thanks for your help

Not applicable

Forbidden dispite scope

{“status”:“error”,“message”:“This oauth-token (CNSsjbGELBICAgMYx8n1ASCm7KoCKOW6AzIZADFo0tIJadFy7OZh4-Eiaf-TP_OC1c####) does not have proper scope group permissions! (requires all of ids [1])”,“correlationId”:“86038da8-3fac-4688-8583-a15886403aec”,“requestId”:“9986e50396201273d9ba5c8d13100f36”}

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forbidden dispite scope

Hi @Lee_Jackson,

Can you post the full error you’re seeing?

0 Upvotes