APIs & Integrations

wlyu9248

Form value auto populated via query string

Can Hubspot pass hubspot built-in form parameters using query string via form submission to external website?

Following this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/can-i-auto-populate-form-fields-through-a-q...

I can use this sample URL and auto-populate the form in rich text link, which works.
https://mypage.com/example?CustFirstName={{contact.firstname}}&CustLastName={{contact.lastname}}&CustEmail={{contact.email}}

but I am unable to use this URL to populate form value that customer entered to external website via form submission. The link working in rich text doesn’t work in form submission external URL.

Is there an option to prefill form values to external website from hubspot sites? Or we need to use Form API to do that?

Thanks in advanced

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Jeromecollomb1

Guys, @Derek_Gervais explains the solution there.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Jeromecollomb,

I reached out on that topic instead:

Hi @Jeromecollomb, I jumped in and checked out that page, and it looks like it's still depending on a personalization token (i.e {{contact.company_domain}}) for the logo URL. I don't want to edit that page on your behalf; could you try replacing the personalization token with a HubL query selection (mentioned above)? You can also try using a HubL if statement to default to the contact personalization token in the event that the contact already exists:

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Jeromecollomb,

I'm not 100% clear on what this question is asking, but for context HubL personalization tokens (e.g. {{contact.firstname}} are evaluated server-side, so they can only be used on HubSpot hosted content. If you can give me some more info on what exactly you're trying to do, I might be able to help suggest an alternative.

0 Upvotes
Jeromecollomb1

Thanks @Derek_Gervais for answering.

My question is actually on this topic, and still can't find why it's not working.
If you could help, thanks a lot in advance!

0 Upvotes
Jeromecollomb1

I have the same question. Would love to see a solution to that.

0 Upvotes