APIs & Integrations

Matt_Ward

Form within CRM Extension

I am customizing the CRM sidebar for companies in our portal using CRM Extensions. I've successfully added cards, fetched data from our website to display, and added some iframe windows. As a shipping company, what we would really like to add is a form for quickly quoting clients based on their shipment details (from, to, shipping weight, dimensions). I know I can use the iframe modal window option to go to our quote tool on our website, but that doesn't work well with our processes since it locks out the rest of the Hubspot window when open.

Is it possible to add a form to a CRM extension card, post the form fields to our website, and then display the response in the card or a popup? Based on the documentation, the Forms API does not appear to support this sort of integration, but I wanted to verify. If it does not, does anyone have any workaround suggestions? Thanks for the help.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
sejal_parikh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello! I work with Hubspot as a product manager, and currently looking into use cases for UI Extensibility for Hubspot portals. I have a very relevant update for this topic so posting it here. 

We are looking to invite Enterprise customers and partners for the upcoming private beta (July 14). This beta enables developers to extend Hubspot's UI for their business use cases, on multiple extension points - beginning with the CRM records page right side panel and a new middle panel tab. Developers can create new CRM cards and card apps with UI components, deploy and host them on the Hubspot platform using new tools and host it using serverless functions on Hubspot itself. These tools involve using a new developer home, development sandboxes, developer projects, private apps, and a growing library of components.

If you are interested in participating in this beta, please fill out this form, or message me: https://forms.gle/5KMV1UUkDHRY58Wv6. If you cannot participate in the beta but still want to chat about it, that's great too!

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
sejal_parikh
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

If you tried to use the form and it wasn't open, please try now.

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Ward,

Feel free to link to that post here; I'll give it a kudo, and it'll make it easier to find for folks who come across this topic!

0 Upvotes
Matt_Ward

Finally got it added to the Ideas Forum:

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Ward,

Right now, an iframe would be the only way to accomplish this, since it's not currently possible to add a form directly to a CRM extension card. I can totally understand the use case you're describing, though: If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes
Matt_Ward

Thanks for the response Derek. I'll post over in the Ideas Forum.