APIs & Integrations

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms API Update

What’s happening?

Beginning on May 21st 2018, updates will be made to the Forms API to correct some existing behavior related to non-marketing forms. Most notably, non-marketing forms will no longer be returned by default from the “Get all forms” endpoint. Integrators dependent on the inclusion of non-marketing forms will need to include the formTypes=ALL in their requests to the “Get all forms” endpoint.

What’s changing?

Previously, integrators making requests to the “Get all forms” endpoint (GET /forms/v2/forms) would receive all marketing forms and all forms of other types in a portal (namely, Lead Flows). While similar, the two tools are distinct in functionality, implementation, and backend processing. This means that you will no longer be able to manage Lead Flows and other non-marketing forms via the Forms API.

Additionally, while creating/editing/deleting other form types via the Forms API have never been supported, these requests were also not blocked. Because of the differences between these tools, trying to create new non-marketing forms or edit existing ones could result in the creation of orphan forms (inaccessible in-app) or existing forms/Lead Flows could become broken.

Going forward, requests attempting to create/edit/delete non-marketing forms will return an error, and non-marketing forms will not be returned by default from the “Get All Forms” endpoint. In order to include these forms, integrators must include the formTypes=ALL parameter in their request URL.

This change was made as a part of our overall effort to make the Forms API more consistent with the in-app functionality of the Forms tool, and help prevent integrators from creating potential orphan records that could then break existing lead flows.

When is this happening?

The “Create a form” and “Update a form” endpoints will return an error to requests attempting to create/edit a lead flow effective immediately. The “Get all forms” endpoint will be updated to exclude non-marketing forms by default starting on May 21st 2018.

Please don’t hesitate to post any questions in the comments below.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms API Update

Hi all,

Update: This is currently live, with one minor change:

• In order to get non-marketing forms, integrators will need to include the includeAllFormTypes=true query parameter instead of the formTypes=ALL parameter.

Feel free to post here with any questions/concerns!

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Forms API Update

Hi @Faryal,

Thanks for your patience here, I missed your comment. The most common example of non-marketing forms are Lead Flows, which are similar to 'regular' forms but are built on a different infrastructure and are not compatible with the Forms API. Non-marketing forms are inaccessible via the API, so you shouldn't consider them when building your integration.

0 Upvotes
Faryal

Forms API Update

Hi,

I have been working on integration of hubspot with our application via API. I have gone through this update announcement but I found only one type of forms in our instance. Where can I found non-marketing forms in our instance?
Also, can you please highlight the differences between marketing and non-marketing forms in terms of API calls?

0 Upvotes
eruscitto
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Forms API Update

Just a reminder that this update is scheduled to take place on May 21st 2018. Let us know if you have any questions!