APIs & Integrations

lynton
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Get attachments on a company, contact, or deal

SOLVE

I’m not seeing an attachments array for CRM objects like the HubSpot company. Are attachments exposed on contact, company, or deal objects? Are there any plans to?

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response. For some reason, your response was filtered from my inbox.

Thank you for sharing that information. I found the file you referenced and replicated the behavior you've described.

File 19892487693 is "hidden": true, which prevents it from being accessed at public file URLs like https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/...7645/Your-file.pdf.

Per Derek's first response to this Community post as well as @SwivelDev's response to this other Community post, files which are uploaded externally directly to a deal or contact will be hidden by default.

At this time, it is not possible to change a file from "hidden": true to "hidden": false, or vice versa, as indicated in this article. I am sorry if this comes as an unwelcome surprise.

One way to prevent files from being hidden is to upload them to HubSpot's file manager before attaching them to an engagement. See this screencast.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
zwolfson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @lynton,

Attachments are exposed via the engagements API. So if you were to use the GET Associated Engagements endpoint you will see an attachments array in each engagement object, which is populated with file IDs which you can get access to via this endpoint.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

-Zack

0 Upvotes
mathcee
Contributor

SOLVE

@zwolfson @lynton 

Were you guys able to circumvent this problem? I used the strategy mentioned, but the links for the attachments are broken, albeit present in 3 different properties.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

Could you describe the steps you're taking and the behavior in greater detail?

For example, did you use this Engagements API endpoint to retrieve engagements on a CRM object, locate file IDs in various engagements' attachments arrays, query this endpoint with the file IDs, and find that the URLs in the url fields led to 404 error pages?

Can you share examples?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
mathcee
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, I did precisely what you described.
What could I produce in the way of examples?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

If I have described your issue exactly, please confirm that your Hub ID ends with 7645 and then share the following:

1. The ID of a CRM object you are pulling engagements from (contact, company, deal, or ticket).
  2. The ID of an engagement on the above object which has file IDs in the attachments array you are interested in.
  3. The IDs of the attachments you are trying to access.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
mathcee
Contributor

SOLVE

Confirmed. That is indeed the end of my Hub ID.

Deal ID: 374693036
Engagement ID: 3815773955
Attachment ID: 19892487693

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @mathcee.

Sincere apologies for the delayed response. For some reason, your response was filtered from my inbox.

Thank you for sharing that information. I found the file you referenced and replicated the behavior you've described.

File 19892487693 is "hidden": true, which prevents it from being accessed at public file URLs like https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/...7645/Your-file.pdf.

Per Derek's first response to this Community post as well as @SwivelDev's response to this other Community post, files which are uploaded externally directly to a deal or contact will be hidden by default.

At this time, it is not possible to change a file from "hidden": true to "hidden": false, or vice versa, as indicated in this article. I am sorry if this comes as an unwelcome surprise.

One way to prevent files from being hidden is to upload them to HubSpot's file manager before attaching them to an engagement. See this screencast.

Isaac Takushi