APIs & Integrations

dataops
Participant

Get Contact Web Activity via API

SOLVE

Is there currently a way to retrieve contact web activity through the API? Ideally I could request all web activity for a given date range and retrieve all contacts and all the pages they visited for that period.

My subscription is on the Enterprise plan and we have already configured the _push events to populate this inside the platform, but I need to get this data out into my data warehouse.

I’ve read through lots of documentation and help forum posts, but it appears this may not be an option (which would be extremely disappointing and surprising given competitor capabilities). Can anyone confirm that this is a limitation, or, hopefully instead, let me know what API endpoint can be used to retrieve this sort of data?

Thank you for the help

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

We appreciate your engagement, @Suresh_Kumar_Mukhiya!

While @Derek_Gervais and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

I searched the Ideas Forum but couldn't find any existing posts suggesting this feature. Without a concrete request from customers and multiple upvotes, the product team is much less likely to scope such a solution.

If you would like the ability to retrieve this analytics data through an API, please post and upvote a feature request.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when implementing the feature.

If anyone creates an idea, please share it here and I'll be happy to upvote it myself.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
AAlsalkhadi
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hey, 

any updates on how to use the Hubspot APi to get all timeline events of a contact, without having to use the Beta-Version of the API? does anyone know of a workaround for this problem?

Thank you very much!

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @AAlsalkhadi. I don't have an update or documented workarounds.

I encourage you to create a new post with your request for ideas on how other community members approach this limitation. There is a good chance your question will not get the visibility it deserves here, as this is an almost 5-year-old post.

Thanks! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

AAlsalkhadi

SOLVE

Hello Jaycee,

thank you very much for your reply. I guess I will have to make a new post on this subject, since none of the posts dealing with this problem contain a satisfactory answer.

0 Upvotes
6sense
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for raising the feature request @dataops 
@hubspot any updates on this feature request? As a partner of Hubspot with numerous mutual customers, we would love to be able to utilize this API. We want to be able to associate web activities to the contact.

Thanks,
6sense Integrations Team

0 Upvotes
dvanbrunt
Participant

SOLVE

I've only briely tested it, but it is possible to get Contact account activity. (subscriptions, page views etc)

You can do this with the Web Analytics API 

by providing 2 query parameters to dig into specific objects, in the above example:

1. objectType=contact
  2. objectId=XXXX

These parameters allow us to focus on a specific record by object ID.

If we then want to drill into specific events, we can use the following:

1. &eventType=e_visited_page

This will then show all page visits for this contact. We can also include the occurredAfter or occurredBefore parameters to refine our search to specific periods of time.

DBiler
Participant

SOLVE

I'm gonna try this one. Im surprised the question is raised in 2018, and there has no official solution to this on 2022

0 Upvotes
scibelli
Participant

SOLVE

My team is currently in search of an API like this. Several months ago I submitted an idea of this type based on @IsaacTakushi 's recommendation since I hadn't seen anything like this.

Another member of my team just discovered there might be a Web Analytics API in public beta, but I'm not yet certain this is what we're looking for, which appears to be similar to @dataops's original request.

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@scibelli The Ultimate Data Export app for HubSpot provides raw web events data along with all other HubSpot CRM data. Delivered as an Excel file. The app is free to use.  The app uses the Web Events API that is now in public beta.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
scibelli
Participant

SOLVE

I applied several weeks ago to see if this would work for our team but never heard back from your team, @johnelmer 

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

The Ultimate Data Export App is completely self-service (one of the reasons we can offer it free of charge).  You can read the setup guide here: https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360051176794-Ultimate-Data-Export-Guide or you can go to the listing on the HubSpot App Marketplace here: https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/2756921/marketplace/apps/marketing/analytics-data/ultimate-data-ex... and click on the Connect App button.  

John

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
> Follow me on LinkedIn
johnelmer

SOLVE

@dataops @IsaacTakushi @Derek_Gervais There is now a solution for this use API case. The Ultimate Data Export app for HubSpot provides raw web events data along with all other HubSpot CRM data. Delivered as an Excel file. The app is free to use.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

We appreciate your engagement, @Suresh_Kumar_Mukhiya!

While @Derek_Gervais and I can and have passed this feedback along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. The product teams regularly monitor posts and generally prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

I searched the Ideas Forum but couldn't find any existing posts suggesting this feature. Without a concrete request from customers and multiple upvotes, the product team is much less likely to scope such a solution.

If you would like the ability to retrieve this analytics data through an API, please post and upvote a feature request.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when implementing the feature.

If anyone creates an idea, please share it here and I'll be happy to upvote it myself.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @dataops,

I’d be happy to pass your feedback along internally. If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see as well.

Suresh_Kumar_Mu

SOLVE

Hi Derek, I totally agree with @dataops. An API endpoint to retrieve the activities of a contact would be nice to have. The endpoint can be used by our third party module to show how user behaves. Hubspot does a great deal of analytics but, when we want to integrate into our own website through API, the resources are lacking.

Hope Hubspot team will consider this legitimate requests.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @dataops,

It’s not currently possible to pull analytics data (website activity, enterprise events, etc) from HubSpot using the API. Depending on your goal, you could create contact lists based on events and dates.

0 Upvotes
dataops
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for the information. Contact lists will not work in this scenario unfortunately. I would strongly encourage your product team to open up this API capability. I’ll work with my internal stakeholders about the limitation this presents with the product. Cheers ~