Getting 403 for contacts/v1/lists endpoint

oauth
contacts

Using https://api.hubapi.com/oauth/v1/access-tokens/ I checked and the access token I am using does have access to contacts. Any thoughts on why I am getting following error:
{"status":"error","message":"This oauth-token (<oauth_token>) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [contacts-lists-access, contacts-lists-read])"}

Hi @apandit,

Is that access token associated with a Marketing/CRM Free portal? Marketing/CRM Free portals don't have access to the Lists tool or the corresponding Contact Lists API; they're still able to approve the contacts scope, but they cannot access the Contact Lists API.

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

I did not know about the Marketing/CRM free portal. Let me confirm it with our client. Thanks

Hi @Derek_Gervais,

Thank you for your help so far. I was able to confirm that customer was using free version of Hubspot CRM.

Yesterday we had another user with similar issue. They are seeing the same error as earlier {"status":"error","message":"This oauth-token (<oauth_token>) does not have proper permissions! (requires any of [contacts-lists-access, contacts-lists-read])"}. I verified that the access-token does have proper permissions to access contacts resource.

The Client also added that they are using Sales Pro version of Hubspot CRM and the account they are using to authorize application as super admin access.

Do you what would be going wrong here ? Let me know if you need additional information for debugging

Thanks,
Ankur